For Mac OS users, there is a system setting that may not allow you to tab onto several types of elements in a web page. To change this setting:
Procedures for quarantine and isolation remain the same with some additional exceptions.
1. People who have been in “close contact” with someone positive for COVID-19, excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months or who are fully vaccinated, must quarantine.
2. Definition of “close contact” includes being within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period; providing care at home to someone with COVID-19; direct physical contact with ill person; sharing eating or drinking utensils; being sneezed or coughed on by ill person.
3. Exception for definition of “close contact” in the K-12 indoor classroom includes: students who were within 3-6 feet of an infected student where (1) both students were engaged in consistent and correct use of well-fitting face masks and (2) other K-12 school prevention strategies (such as universal and correct mask use, physical distancing, increased ventilation) were in place in the K-12 school setting are excluded from having to quarantine as a “close contact”.
4. Quarantine options: (Be prepared to present test results as applicable.)
a. Remain home for 14 days after last contact with person who has COVID-19
b. Remain home for 10 days while monitoring symptoms; no test required; return if no symptoms occur
c. Remain home for 7 days while monitoring symptoms; test after day 5 of quarantine and if negative test and no symptoms, may return on day 8; however, if positive, a new 10-day quarantine begins.
d. Continue to monitor symptoms for the full 14 days after return from shortened quarantine
5. Isolation guidelines for someone positive for COVID-19 remain the same: Who needs to isolate?
a. People who have COVID-19
b. People who have symptoms of COVID-19 and are able to recover at home
c. People who don’t have symptoms but have tested positive for COVID-19